Japanese Curry Rice
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 1.5 lbs Chicken breast (you can also use pork or tofu)
- 3-4 c Steamed rice
- 2.5 tbsp Bravado Spice Black Garlic & Carolina Reaper Hot Sauce
- 2.5 c Water
- 1/2 c Each, carrots, onion, potatoes, diced
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Package curry roux
- - Salt & pepper
- Heat oil a large skillet to medium high heat and then add your chicken breasts & about 2 tsp of salt. Sear for about 5 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked all the way through. Cube chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and melt the butter in the same pan. Then add the potatoes, onions, carrots, and another tsp of salt. Cook till the potatoes are mostly cooked through.
- Add the garlic, let it brown for a minute, then add the soy sauce.
- Break up the curry roux brick in to a few pieces and add to the pan. After it softens, add the water and Bravado Spice Black Garlic & Carolina Reaper Hot Sauce and simmer over medium low heat.
- Once the gravy has thickened, add the cubed chicken into the sauce and coat well.
- Serve with steamed rice.