A perfect shrimp recipe for any occasion, this light and crispy pineapple & shrimp tempura features Bravado Spice's Pineapple & Habanero Hot Sauce! Check out our other videos for more tasty easy pescatarian recipes, and ideas on how to cook with hot sauce!
- 1 lb Peeled, cleaned shrimp
- 1 c Fresh pineapple sliced long and 1/4 thick
- 1.5 oz Pineapple & Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 c Flour
- 1 c Corn starch
- 1 c Sparking water
- 1 Egg
- - 2” of oil for frying
- - Pinch of salt
- Peel and clean the shrimp if not already done. Make about 6-8 shallow cuts along the back and inside of each shrimp. This should allow it to lay relatively flat and uncurled. Set aside.
- In a bowl, slowly, SLOWLY combine the flour, corn starch, egg, and fizzy water, and a pinch of salt until well mixed, but not over mixed.
- Pour enough oil for frying into a pot or cast iron skillet and heat up to 350° F.
- Dip each piece of shrimp or pineapple into the tempura batter and swirl it a bit before letting go so the pieces are less likely to stick. Fry for 3-5 minutes until cooked and remove from the oil. Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Garnish with cilantro and dip into Bravado Spice Pineapple & Habanero Hot Sauce.