This Spicy Chicken Parmesan recipe is an Italian American classic, and comfort food at its best. It features Bravado Spice's award winning Serrano & Basil Hot Sauce.
- 2 Large chicken breasts
- 1.5 oz Bravado Spice Serrano & Basil Hot Sauce
- 3 oz Fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 c All purpose flour
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 2 c Bread crumbs
- 1/4 c Parmesan cheese
- 2 c Oil for frying
- - Fresh parsley for garnish
- - Cooked pasta in sauce
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by partially slicing them lengthwise towards the thickest part. Then open them up on a cutting board. Pour oil in a pot large enough to handle them and heat to 350°F.
- Put some plastic wrap over the breast and gently flatten them with a meat tenderizer. Sprinkle each side with about a tsp of salt.
- Take each breast and dredge it in flour, then the egg wash, then the bread crumbs, and gently lay in the hot oil with some tongs.
- Fry the chicken breasts until golden brown then cool on a rack.
- Pour the Bravado Spice Serrano & Basil Hot Sauce on top of the breasts, and then lay the sliced mozzarella medallions on top.
- Broil at 500°F on the baking rack until the cheese is browned & bubbly then plate the chicken on some pasta with sauce, garnished with parsley and fresh parmesan.
Time: 35 minutes