1.5 c Fresh chopped pineapple
3/4 c Brown sugar
8 oz Cream cheese, softened
1/2 c Powdered sugar, sifted
3 oz Bravado Spice Pineapple Habanero Hot Sauce
2 sheets Puff pastry
1 Egg, beaten
1/4 c Sliced almonds
1. Preheat an oven to 400°.
2. Add the chopped pineapple to a sauce pot over medium-high heat, then add the brown sugar.
3. Stir and reduce the mixture for about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the softened cream cheese and sifted powdered sugar until smooth.
5. On cutting board, cookie sheet, or parchment paper, roll out the puff pastry and cut 3/4 inch diagonal slits from 1/3 the distance to the edge. Smear a thick layer of the cream cheese mixture down the middle, then a layer of the pineapple mixture. Braid the strip along the middle of the pastry, and top with sliced almonds.
6. Bake for 20 minutes at 400°F or until browned, and serve. Makes two braids.
A blend of fresh pineapple and fiery habanero; this sweet and spicy sauce is packed with only real chilies and fruit. Sometimes nature hands you an ace in the hole.