2 Poblano Peppers
3.5 oz Bravado Spice Jalapeño & Green Apple Hot Sauce
2/3 c Shredded Chihuahua cheese
Flour for dredging
Vegetable oil for frying
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Place the poblano chiles directly over an open flame or brush with oil and roast until the skin blackens and blisters.
2. Immediately put the chiles in a sealed plastic bag to sweat. After a few minutes, remove the peppers from the bag and remove the blistered waxy skin.
3. Separate two eggs into whites and yolks. In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Then gently fold the yolks back into the mixture and set aside.
4. Slice the chiles down one side and remove the seeds. Then fill the chiles with the shredded chihuahua cheese.
5. Lightly dredge the stuffed chiles in flour and then coat generously with the egg batter and gently place in a skillet with 3/4 of an inch of 350°F oil to fry. Fry for 3-5 minutes a side and serve immediately.
Granny Smith apples blended with only the freshest peppers and garlic. This isn’t your typical “green” sauce; it’s a game changer.