Make this one pot spicy red braised pork belly with our brand new Aka Miso Ghost-Reaper Hot Sauce Featured on season 10 of Hot Ones. Delicious is an understatement #TeamBravado
- 7-8 Cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp Bravado Spice Aka Miso Ghost Reaper Hot Sauce
- 1.5 lbs. Pork Belly
- 1 c Water
- 1 c Soy Sauce
- 1 c Mirin (you can substitute 1 c of rice wine or white wine vinegar + 2 Tbsp sugar)
- 2 Tbsp Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- Handful Scallions
- Sesame seeds (opt.)
- Steamed white rice
Vegetable oil for frying.
1. Heat the oil to 350°. Cut the pork belly into 2 in. cubes and fry in the oil until lightly browned. 2 Remove from the oil and drain.
2. Place the fried pork in a large pot and add the water, soy sauce, mirin, black pepper, ginger, scallions, garlic, and Bravado Spice Aka Miso Ghost Reaper Hot Sauce. Mix well. The liquid should cover the bottom half of the pork. If you choose to use a slow cooker, set the heat on high.
3. Cover and braise for 3 hours. A relatively thick sauce should form.
4. Remove from heat and serve over rice. Optionally garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions. Enjoy!